Ever since its initial release, the Street Fighter IV series has remained the most popular competitive fighting game franchise on the planet and continues to smash records in terms of tournament attendance and stream viewers. Now, the series evolves to a whole new level with Ultra Street Fighter IV for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Continuing the tradition of excellence the series is known for, five new characters and six new stages have been added for even more fighting mayhem, with rebalanced gameplay and original modes topping off this ultimate offering.
- New Characters: Five new characters, including Poison, Hugo, Elena, Rolento, and the recently-announced Decapre, complete with their own unique play styles… bringing the current roster count to a massive 44 characters.
- New Stages: Six new battle environments: Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility, have been added for even more visual variety.
- Rebalanced Gameplay: Direct fan feedback was gathered on all of Super Street Fighter IV: AE’s original 39 characters and core system mechanics in order to achieve the most balanced Street Fighter ever.
- New Modes and Features: Brand new modes and features further add to the suite of gameplay options.
- Team Battle Mode – allows players to team up in online only, elimination style 3v3 battles. The health bar carries over from each match, making it the ultimate test of endurance.
- Online Training Mode – gives players new options to train together with their friends online.
- Red Focus – players can now utilize super meter to absorb multiple hitting attacks, allowing them to go on the offensive in situations that were not possible before.
- Delayed Standing – creates new mind games and gameplay depth by allowing players to slightly delay their wake up timing.
- Ultra Combo Double – provides players the option to use both Ultra Combos during a match, at the cost of reduced damage.
- Edition Select – duke it out across history, as players can select their favorite version of any character to create dream matchups that will determine who the strongest fighter really is.
- Disc and Digital Delivery: Available as both a downloadable upgrade and full retail product, making it easy for veterans and newcomers to experience the fight of the century.
- Complete DLC Costume Offering (retail or full download ver. only): Consumers who purchase the retail or full download version will also receive all previously released costume DLC for the Street Fighter IV series (a $40 value) for free, making it the most complete offering of the game ever!